makes 1 large bundt cake
250 butter, at room temperature
250 castor sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coffee essence
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cocoa powder
1 cup Milk
Icing sugar for dusting
Fresh cherries (optional)
· Preheat oven to 180 C. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
· Sift flour and baking powder together. Add half the dry ingredients to the cake batter, then ½ a cup of milk. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and a ¼ cup of milk. Stir well.
· Divide batter into equal amounts between 3 bowls. Sift cocoa powder into the first bowl, add the remaining ¼ cup of milk to the cocoa mixture and stir well. Add coffee essence to the second bowl and vanilla extract to the third. Stir each batter well.
· Grease a large bundt cake tin. Spoon alternate dollops of chocolate, coffee and vanilla batter into the tin.
· Using a skewer, swirl the batters to create a marble effect.
· Bake for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
· Cool on a wire rack, dust with icing sugar, decorate with cherries (optional) and serve
Hope you will enjoy it, YUMMY!!!!!!!